Panel Discussion - Best Practices for Recruiting and Hiring People with Disabilities
- Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act as amended and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Best practices for employers and job seekers related to these laws
- Questions to ask and not ask during the hiring and recruiting process
- Employers with federal contracts and subcontracts and job seekers with disabilities will learn about their obligations and rights under these laws recently amended
- Panelists will discuss positive steps to take for employers and job seekers in the recruiting, hiring, and retention of employees with disabilities
Employers and job seekers, please join us to learn from our expert panelists on best practices for recruiting and hiring people with disabilities. Employers and job seekers will learn from our panelists about Section 503’s requirements to take affirmative steps to hire, retain, and promote qualified individuals with disabilities. Best practices for providing accommodations for employees with disabilities will also be discussed. The program will include a panel discussion, question and answer period from the audience followed by a networking session with our panelists and experts from the Rutgers Office of Disability Services and Career Services.
Date: Monday, October 19th, 2015
Time: 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Location: Room 174, Busch Student Center, Rutgers University
As part of Rutgers University’s celebration of the ADA 25th Anniversary, the Offices of Career Services and Disability Services are proud to co-sponsor this event. Light refreshments and snacks will be served.