Educational enrichment activities are an impactful way to extend learning beyond the classroom and increase intellectual engagement between students and faculty. The Office of Educational Enrichment offers two programs to facilitate activities that enrich the undergraduate experience. The Classroom Enrichment program provides support for faculty members interested in bringing in dynamic guest speakers or arranging a field trip to an inspiring regional locale for their class. The Sponsored Enrichment program provides partial funding support for departments or units that wish to host an event designed for undergraduate students (which may not necessarily be related to a specific class). Host departments/units are expected to provide co-sponsorships to support the cost of the enrichment activity or program.
Examples of funding support provided by Educational Enrichment to faculty and departments include:
- Modest honorarium for guest lecturers in classrooms
- Field trip transportation within New Jersey and to regional cities such as New York, Philadelphia, Boston, and Washington, D.C.
- Museum entrance fees and tickets to theatrical performances
Educational Enrichment also can provide assistance with:
- Paperwork associated with travel and trip waivers
- Contract arrangements for speakers and performers
- Publicity and outreach plans for conferences and other large events
During the academic year, requests for educational enrichment funding are evaluated weekly by a faculty review committee comprised of representatives from various schools and departments.